How does belly fat arise? Are there control measures that can be used to check belly fat? Get more insights on how to get rid of lower belly fat in both men and women.
Lower Belly fat Causes
- Processed foods
Processed foods like chips, cold drinks, white bread, and junk food are the main causes of belly fat. Natural foods like whole grain, fruits and vegetables are filled with antioxidants and also have anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce fat belly. You also need to eat small amounts of calorie to avoid fatty belly.
- Irregular and improper exercise
It is important to keep your body relaxed and fresh by taking regular exercises. Doing yoga is very necessary as it helps to reduce the belly fat.
As you get older several changes take place in the body. Both men and women experience a reduced rate of metabolism due to reduced number of calorie need for the body to function normally.
In women after menopause tend to gain more wait and that too on their belly. The production of hormones progesterone and estrogen slow down in menopause and this is the reason for the fat build up.
Some studies have shown that alcohol suppresses fat burning and thus excess calories from alcohol are partly stored as belly fat. Other studies have also suggested that high alcohol intake result to weight gain around the middle, the study also found that men who consume three drinks per day were 80% more likely have excess belly fat than men who consume less alcohol.
- Sugary foods and beverages
Soda, flavored c coffee drinks and sweet tea are among the most popular sugar-sweetened beverages, some observable studies have shown a link between high sugar intake and excess belly fat. This may be due to large amounts of fructose content of added sugar.
- Trans Fats
These are fats processed by adding hydrogen to unsaturated fats in order to make them more stable. These fats are the unhealthiest of all the fats. They often used to extent shelf lives of packaged foods, such as muffins, baking mixes and crackers. There are also studies that have linked Trans fats diets as being among the causative agent of belly fat.
- Low protein diets
Getting adequate dietary protein is one of the most important factors in preventing weight gain. High protein diets make you feel full and satisfied, increase your metabolic rate and lead to a spontaneous reduction in calorie intake. Several observable studies suggest that people who consume the highest amount of protein are least likely to have excess belly fat.
Genetics plays a role in obesity risks; studies have shown that the tendency to store fat in the abdomen is partly influenced by genetics which entails the gene for receptors that regulate cortisol and the gene that codes for Leptin receptor, which regulates calorie intake and weight.
- Lack of enough sleep
Having enough sleep is crucial for your health; many studies have also linked inadequate sleep with weight gain which may include abdominal fat.
- Low fiber diets
Fiber is an important ingredient in diet that is good for your health and controlling your weight. Fiber helps to make your stomach feel full and stabilize hunger hormones and reduce calorie absorption from food. Diets high in refined carbs and low in fiber appear to have the opposite effect on appetite and weight gain, including increase in belly fat.
How to Get Rid of Lower Belly Fat in 1 Week
Belly fat is very annoying and very difficult to get rid of, it forms between the organs, deep within the abdominal cavity, triggering chronic inflammation and increasing the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Lower belly fat is majorly due to sedentary lifestyle and consumption of high fat and sugary foods. Also genetics determine the pattern of fat accumulation in the body.
Here are 8 ways you can follow to reduce lower belly fat:
- Reduce you calorie intake
To get rid of belly fat, keep the calorie intake to the lowest minimum level possible and avoid foods that are high in saturated fats. Avoid eating junk foods and make sure that your diet plan has high content of fiber.
- Avoid Stress
Stress increases cortisol, a hormone that encourages the body to store excess fat in the lower abdomen. It can get worse if combined with poor dieting. To keep cortisol levels stable, choose low glycemic index foods like lentils, chickpea and beans.
- Green Tea
Green tea is an excellent beverage to reduce lower belly. It contains a compound called catechin, which boosts the metabolism. Several studies have concluded that, people who drank 2 cups of green tea on a daily basis, lost almost 12 times more visceral fat than those who did not.
- Interval training
Interval training is the most effective and best way to reduce lower belly fat. Interval training alternates between high and low intensity cardio, which help to burn more calories. You can intersperse small episodes of sprinting in between your walking sessions.
- Avoid alcohol
Limit your alcohol intake, alcohol contains high contents of calorie and fat, which accumulate around the waist, giving you a bulging tummy. Hence, think twice before grabbing a drink if you want to lose weight.
- Avoid eating too much and don’t skip meals
The best way to speed up the rate of metabolism is by eating regularly in small portions. Instead of consuming 3 large meals, eat 6 small meals rather than rushing through the meals eat slowly and enjoy each bite. This way you will be less likely to eat more than you need.
Cardiovascular exercises speed up the rate of metabolism and burn calories to help you lose weight. These include jogging, walking, hiking and swimming. You can also get rid of abdominal fat by combining resistance training with cardiovascular exercises. This will help you to build lean muscles and improve metabolism in the long run.
- Having enough sleep
Getting an over 8 hour sleep is one of the best things you can do to reduce lower belly fat. Not getting proper sleep releases a hormone called ghrelin which triggers a craving for sugar and other fat building foods. Cortisol levels can increase due to lack of sleep, leading to the accumulation of belly fat. A sound sleep relieves stress and refreshes both mind and body.
- Drink plenty of Water
Drink plenty of water throughout the day to speed up the metabolism and flush out toxins from the body. Water keeps you full for a long period of time. Drink a glass of water before meals to curb your appetite. Water will also keep you invigorated and will reduce your craving for sugary beverages.
How to Lose Lower Belly Fat Male
The following can help:
- Drink lemon water
It is necessary to detoxify your liver so as the liver is able to metabolize fat efficiently. Lemon water increases enzyme action that will detoxify your liver efficiently.
To use lemon water:
- When you wake up early in the morning take one lemon and squeeze it in a glass of warm water
- Mix the mixture well with the help of a spoon then drink it on an empty stomach.
- Make sure you don’t eat anything for about half an hour after this.
Drink it regularly for you to get rid of belly fat.
- Drink cranberry juice.
Cranberry juice is a rich source of organic acids like citric acid and quinic acid that function as digestive enzymes. Citric acid in cranberry helps to digest lymphatic wastes and will help to reduce the fat.
To use cranberry juice:
- Mix one cup of unsweetened cranberry juice in seven cups of water and then mix well.
- Drink the mixture.
- For this juice to work effectively drink it before breakfast, lunch and after dinner.
- Use fish oil
Fish oil contains-3 fatty acids in it. Omega-3 acids like eicosapentaenoic acids that help in reducing fat storage in the region of your waistline.
To use fish oil:
- Massage with fish oil on your belly three times a week.
- Then after some days you will observe a difference in your belly fat.
- Herbs infused water
There are many things like mint leaves, coriander leaves, curry leaves, neem leaves and cucumber which can help you to reduce the belly fat. Cucumber acts great for the same. These are excellent sources of calcium. Don’t hesitate to use these as it will help you a lot to take care of your body.
To use herbs infused water:
- Take one cucumber slice it and mix with one teaspoon of grated ginger, one sliced lemon and twelve mint leaves,
- Add these in water and leave it to soak overnight.
- Strain well and drink it in the morning, it will definitely work.
- Use garlic
As you know, that garlic is very beneficial for your cardiovascular systems. It also reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressures. You must add garlic in your meals as it also helps to digest food properly.
To use garlic:
- Take three garlic cloves, one lemon and one cup of water
- Squeeze lemon in one cup of water
- Chew three garlic cloves and immediately drink lemon water
- Do this daily and after two weeks and you will notice that you have started losing your belly fat.
- Green Tea
Green tea is very healthy. Having four cups of green tea regularly will help you to lose more than six pounds within a period of one month. When you take a sip of green tea, it boosts your metabolism. You must have at least three cups of green tea every day. Heart patients must have green tea.
To use green tea:
- Take two teaspoons of green tea leaves
- One cup of hot water, five mint or basil leaves, one teaspoon of honey
- Add green tea in the hot water
- Cover it for about 10 minutes
- Mix well and then drink
- Drink Ginger tea
Ginger is a natural digestive medicine as well as thermogenic. A thermogenic agent easily increases the body temperature and it also helps to burn fats. Due to age-related reduction of the hormones, lack of exercise or stress, overeating the fat belly occurs but ginger can easily solve these problems. So, have a healthy and nutritious ginger tea can help you to lose your fat belly.
To use or prepare ginger tea:
- Four cups of water
- 1-2 inch piece of peeled and sliced ginger
- One lemon
- One tablespoon of honey
- Boil water
- Then add ginger into the hot water and let it simmer for ten minutes
- Add honey and lemon juice to it and then mix well
- Pour it into a cup and drink
How to Lose Lower Belly Fat Female
Consider the following lower belly exercises:
- Hip Lift Exercise Movements
Raise both legs up towards the ceiling so that they are perpendicular to your torso and steady yourself by extending your arms out away from your sides on the floor with your palms facing downwards. This is your starting position. Inhale and pull your belly bottom in to your spine. Curl you hips toward your torso as you exhale, lifting your hips a few inches off the floor keep your legs straight. Breathe in as you slowly lower your hips to the ground. Repeat this 10btimes.
- V-Sits Exercise Movements
Sit with your feet lifted off the ground and your knees bent into your chest. Place your hands on the floor just behind your bottom. Engage your core by pulling your belly button into your spine. This is your starting position.
With control, lean your upper body right back and at the same time extend both legs straight out. Return in that position. That’s one repetition. Aim for up to 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
Keep your lower belly engaged during the movements. If this move is too challenging, instead of extending your legs, keep your knees bent as you lower and raise your upper body.
- Scissors Exercise Movement
Lie on your back with your head and shoulders lifted off the floor and your hands behind your head if you need some support for your neck. With both legs extended and toes pointed lift your right leg off the floor so that it is perpendicular with your upper body (keep your lifted leg as straight as possible) and raise your left leg just a few inches off the ground.
Quickly and with control swap leg positions. Drop your right leg swiftly down so that it hovers a few inches off the ground and simultaneously raise your left leg up towards the ceiling. Without pause, alternate back and forth. Up and down on each leg is one repetition, aim for 8 or 9 repetitions.
- Full Plank Twist
- Start in the plank position with your feet together and your weight shifted back. This is your starting position.
- Slightly bend your elbows and your right knee, bringing it across in the direction of your left elbow. Your hips should turn with you
- Return your right to the plank position and repeat with your left leg.
- That’s one repetition. Aim for up to 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Double Leg Circles, Exercise Movements
- Lie on your back and with your knee locked raise your legs straight up, thighs together, so your legs are pointing at the ceiling.
- Place your extended arms with the palms of your hands facing down; by your side for support, your back in this case should be flat. This is your starting positions.
- Keep your legs extended, with your feet drawn an imaginary small circle, approx. 12 inches in diameter, slowly and with control. One circle is one repetition.
- Alternate between clockwise and anti-clockwise circles.
- To make this exercise more challenging, draw as big a circle as you can, starting from directly above your hips to brining your legs as low to the ground as you can, while maintaining control and good form.
- Russian Twist Exercise Movements
- Sit with your knees bent and then lean back your torso. You should feel your core become engaged. Make sure your back is straighten your spine and extend your arms straight out in front of your chest. Balancing on your tail bone, slowly raise your feet off the floor. This is your starting position.
- Slowly and with control, twist at your torso, rotating your shoulders as far away to each side as you comfortably can. Turning from one side to the next is one repletion.
- Lean back further to make this exercise more difficult. You may extend your legs out further to counterbalance your upper body.
- To avoid back pain or injury keep your back straight, move with control and over-rotating.
- Roll Up Exercise Movement
- Lie on your back with your legs straight on the ground.
- Extend your arms over and behind your head to the point just before your torso start to lift off the floor. Your torso should be in contact with the mat. This is your starting position.
- Inhale , curling your upper body off the floor and reaching your arms towards the ceiling, exhale about half up, continuing rolling forward reaching all the way to your toes
- Inhale, reversing the movement and exhale half way through the movement to return to your starting position.
- Reverse Crunches Exercise Movement
- Lay your back with your knees bent 90 degrees. With your palms facing down, place your arms by your sides for support. This is your starting position.
- With your belly contracted and your back pressed into the floor, curl your knees towards your chest as you exhale, your butt may also lift off the floor
- As you inhale, slowly and with control lower your legs until your feet almost touch the floor.
- Straight Leg Raise Exercise Movement
- Lie on your back with your legs straight, lock your knees and push the small of your back down to the ground. Point your toes towards the wall and place your hands under your butt with your palms facing down. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and raise both your legs straight up towards the ceiling, until they form a right angle with your torso. Inhale and tighten your abs.
- Exhale and slowly lower your legs to just above the ground (approximately 4 inches- you want to lower your legs as much as you can without lifting the small of your back. You want to keep the small of your back pressed to the floor. Repeat this 10 times.
- Lower belly fat: how to get rid https://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/lose-pooch-best-exercises-lower-abs
- 15 minute work out to get rid of lower belly pooch- https://gethealthyu.com/15-minute-flat-ab-workout/
- The Truth: How to Burn Abnormal Fat https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-truth-how-to-burn-abdominal-fat.html
- How to get rid of small fat https://www.livestrong.com/article/510237-how-to-get-rid-of-small-fat-pouch-in-the-front-of-the-lower-abs/