How can you get rid of black spots on face quickly due to pimples? Get insights on how to remove black spots from face naturally fast. The post explores more on home remedies for black spots, dark and marks due to pimples, acne scars and hyper-pigmentation.
How to Remove Black Spots on Face Quickly – Overview
The skin contains melanin a substance which protects it against UV and UVB radiations from the sun. It can be produced in excessive depending on a condition which the skin is exposed to. Too much production of melanin can also lead to uneven skin tone, liver spots, freckles, dark spots on lips and patches on face.
Formation of black patches on the skin is sometimes termed as hyper-pigmentation. In many occasions it is caused by too much exposure to the sunlight. Medical conditions and hormonal imbalances due to pregnancy can also be a risk factor.
There are different types of dark spots causes by various factors and they also call for specific type of treatment. The post will explore in details the various ways on how to remove black spots from face, skin forehead and cheek.
Natural treatments, chemical peels, skin lightening and use of laser treatment have all been highlighted. Before getting to that, it is important we take you through some of the types of dark spots, causes and how to alleviate then.
Types of Dark Spots, Black Marks and Patches on the Face, Skin
Different types of hyper-pigmentation are caused by different factors. We shall group them widely into three main categories namely:
Melasma: Hormonal imbalances may arise during adolescence, pregnancy, use of some family planning methods such as pills and even during menopause. Some conditions such as thyroid dysfunction and therapies can also be a risk factor.The body reacts to such hormonal influxes by formation of melasma types of dark spots and black marks.
Lentigines: Too much exposure to sunlight causes the sunburn and formation of dark spots. Lentigines are however type of black marks formed as a result of too much exposure to UVB and UV radiations from the sun. the spots can be seen on the forehead, cheeks and even on the nose.
Post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation: When the skin is traumatized, there can be formation of dark spots. Some of the factors that causes skin trauma are acne, pimples, burns and some resistant skin conditions.
How to Remove Black Spots on Face Overnight
Before thinking on how to get rid of black spots fast, begin by determining the possible cause. This will give you a lee way for the best treatment for dark spots. Here are some of the best ways on how to remove black spots from face:
Consult a dermatologist: Seeing a skin specialist will help you determine the main causes of hyper-pigmentation on your skin. The dermatologist will conduct a diagnosis by examining your skin as well as questioning you on your lifestyle.
The specialist will go ahead to suggest the best treatment and right ingredients to use for the removal of the black spots. Moving on your own without consulting a specialist may lead you to use products and treatments that does not suit your skin problem.
Using tropical acid products: There are over the counter tropical acid products that can be prescribed for you. The best tropical creams and lotions to use contain specific ingredients such as alpha hydroxyl acid, retinoid and beta-hydroxy acid.
Alpha-hydroxy acid consist of ingredients like citric acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid. Most of them are naturally obtained from food materials and they help in skin exfoliation. They are highly recommended due to their gentle and effective property, which makes them applicable for all skin types.
Salic acid is a common term for dascribing beta-hydroxy acid. It is commonly used in the treatment of severe skin conditions such as acne and it is packaged with creams, serums and peel products.
Retinol is an element of vitamin A and it is a critical ingredient in any subject on how to remove black spots from face and skin. This ingredient is packaged with tropical creams, serums and lotions for the treatment of dark patches, acne scars, and marks.
Skin Whitening Suppplements: Using skin lightening products can also help in fading and clearing black spots from face. Some of the effective skin whitening creams, soaps and lotions contain powerful ingredients such ad kojic acid, alpha-arbutin, glutathione and hydroquinone.
There are glutathione skin whitening pills which can also be used to minimize the intensity of the dark mark. While going for skin bleaching ingredients, ensure you consult a dermatologist to avoid risk of side effects.
Microdermabrasion Treatment: This employs a technique in which fine crystals are used to scrub off
dark spots from the skin leaving a new layer to form. It is recommended you consult a specialist to
Perform this process. When poorly done the skin discoloration may even worsen and cause much disappointment. This type of treatment should also be conducted rarely. If done consistently the skin may not have enough time to heal from the previous sessions.
Laser Treatment: This involves the use of Intense Pulsed Light to remove dark spots which causes hyper-pigmentation. It is good to think about laser when it comes to how to remove black spots from face. This is due to permanent outcome, efficiency and effectiveness of the treatment.
Laser is performed in various sessions for a complete outcome. It targets the deepest section of the skin hence completely destroying the cells responsible for dark marks on the skin. The only challenge about this method on how to get rid of dark spots is the cost and sometimes the pain experienced during the sessions.
Skin Exfoliation: This is the removal of dead skin cells. It is an effective process in promoting an even skin ,tone. Exfoliation is one of the best way on how to get rid of black spots naturally. It is done manually using simple ingredient and hence convenient.
Skin exfoliation can be done at home using home remedies such as sugar and honey or by using drugstore exfoliating cleanser. To use, you simply apply the substance on the skin and scrub gently in a circular motion. There are also electric exfoliators that are available at drugstores and they are also effective since they intensify the scrubbing to a little deep level of the skin.
You May Also Like:
- Toothpaste on Pimples Overnight, does it Help
- Red Dots on Skin and How to get Rid of them
- Pimple or Bump on Eyelid and How to Get Rid of it
How to Remove Black Spots from Face in one Week – Home Remedies
Aloe Vera juice, Gel or cream: The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory property of aloe vera makes it an effective ingredient for removal of spots on face. It can be extracted as a juice or latex and directly applied on the skin. There are numerous minerals, vitamins and enzymes present in this natural ingredient suitable for all skin types.
Dark spots caused by sunburn can easily be alleviated with aloe vera. Protection of the skin against UV radiations from the sun is one of the health benefits of aloe vera juice. Too much exposure to sun causes excessive secretion of melanin in the skin which results to hyper-pigmentation.
To use, obtain a leaf and squeeze to obtain juice. Wash your face and apply the juice directly to the affected area. Gently massage the area to help the juice or gel seep into the skin. You can also make a face mask using the aloe vera gel. Repeat the application twice a day for two or more weeks.
Lemon Juice: This is a strong antioxidant substance that helps in the treatment of many skin blemishes. Lemon juice contains vitamins and mineral elements suitable for skin lightening, anti inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
Among the best home remedies for dark spots on face, lemon juice is much effective for immediate results. Lemon can cause irritation to sensitive skin type. Therefore you can mix with some honey or rose water to minimize the side effect.
To use to get rid of black spots on face, obtain a lemon fruit and squeeze the juice into a clean glass bowel. Use a cotton ball to directly apply the juice on the patches, marks and spots on face. Give it time to dry before washing your face with clean water. Repeat at least once per day for two weeks and you will observe a positive change.
Onion and Garlic Juice: A mixture of onion and garlic juice forms an excellent home remedy for black spots. The juice contains effective ingredients, minerals and vitamins that helps in lightening dark spots and finally fade them off.
To use, take an onion juice mixed with garlic juice. Using a cotton ball, dab and apply on the skin at the affected area and give time to dry. You can alternatively mix onion juice with little mount of honey and apply on the skin. Repeat twice a day on a regular basis and after a couple of days you will see results.
Turmeric: This is a very prominent ingredient that has been employed in various ways on how to remove black spots from face. It is also a natural skin lightening agent for whitening dark skin. Studies have shown that turmeric contains suitable elements for removing dark spots from face.
To use this treatment, mix turmeric, lemon juice and milk. Apply the thick paste on the face with a gentle massage on the most affected areas. Give it some time to dry and after 15 minutes wash your face with lukewarm water.
Alternatively, you can mix turmeric with other ingredients such as honey, yoghurt or olive oil. To observe results, make your application consistent and at least once a day. In period of two to three weeks, the skin tone will be well evened out with few dark patches and marks.
Papaya: The presence of enzymes and mineral elements in papaya make it a suitable natural ingredient for removing dark spots from face. To use you need to obtain a ripe papaya and apply on the skin. Give it at least 20 minutes before rinsing off.
To make the outcome instant, mix the green papaya with lime juice and apply on your face. Wash after 20 minutes with warm water. Repeat daily for two weeks to enjoy positive results.
Buttermilk: This is a gentle and effective natural ingredient for getting rid of skin blemishes such as acne scars, pimple marks and uneven skin tone. Lactic acid is a strong substance for promoting a smooth, bright and beautiful skin. Alternatively you can use natural yoghurt or milk to achieve the same target.
To create a strong remedy for dark spots and black marks on face, mix buttermilk with equal amount of fresh tomato juice. Apply the paste on face and let it dry for 15 minutes before rinsing off with c lean water. A mixture of milk and honey can also be used to attain the same results.
Potatoes Slices: If you have potatoes in your garden, you don’t have to worry on how to remove black spots from face instantly. Obtain a potato and make slices. Rub the slices on the cheeks, forehead and nose to clear any skin blemishes on the skin around your face.
Garlic contains anti-bacterial properties that helps to battle acne. However, never use the garlic without grinding it first. Garlic is also used as one of the best home remedy for black spots. However the following are steps on how to remove black spots using garlic:
- Take freshly made garlic and after grinding extract the pure juice from it.
- Dilute the garlic juice by adding a few drops of cold water into it.
- Alternatively, you can mash about 3 garlic cloves in pure water. Let it soak in water for about 15 minutes.
- After that add the aloe vera gel into it.
- Carefully use it it on the affected areas of the skin to treat black spots.
- You can also consume a garlic to remove all pimple breakouts later on with days.
Cleansing should be carried out in a consistent manner without fizzle every day before going to bed or else the skin will lack the capacity to breathe.
- Clean up the entire face or just the affected skin area with the help of an astringent.
- You need to use calamine lotion on the affected skin part.
- Ensure to have and sound sleep at night. After you wake-up in the morning, wash the face with warm water to get rid of black spots.
- You will be very cheerful and eager to see that the black spots has reduced from what it was the before day.
Honey is known to have phenomenal results to get rid of black spots. Honey being a usual anti-biotic, it gets rid of the bacteria that leads to black spots. Honey also helps maintain the skin healthy with the assistance of its hydrating properties.
- To have its magical effect, you need to use the honey over the black spots.
- Allow the honey to dry all alone for about 60 minutes, you can leave the honey for overnight also.
- Then rinse the off using normal water.
- You may notice the effect of honey on the black spots as they go away.
Steaming is good for pimple removal for the skin and will also become more effective when you have the black spots. Steaming will assist the skin breathe by opening the skin pores. This assists to dispose of oils, dirt and bacteria that are trapped in the pores of the skin that can lead to infection or inflammation of the skin and helps to get rid of black spots.
- Fill a good compartment using boiling point water and allow the steam to freely interact with the face for a few number of minutes to do away with black spots.
- Rinse the face with warm water and, in the wake of drying, use the without oil moisturizer.
- The treatment will also provide you the appearance of a dazzling sparkle.
Peppermint is a very powerful herb that can assist to do away with black spots fast. The cooling and the soothing effect of the menthol contained in the peppermint assists in reduction of the the irritation and redness created by black spots.
Peppermint also have antiviral and antibacterial properties as it help to get rid of bacteria that leads to black spots. Here is how to remove black spots by use of peppermint:
- Crush a few peppermint leaves to extract the juice.
- Apply the juice gently on the black spots and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the skin using cold water to get rid of black spots.
In the event, that the fresh peppermint leaves are not found, you can use peppermint oil that has various vitamins including vital unsaturated fats. Take about two to three drops of peppermint oil and carefully apply it on the black spots. Rub the oil for a few minutes and afterwards rinse using cold water.
Cucumber is a known wellspring of potassium as well as vitamins, for instance, vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C. This makes it suitable ingredient to get rid of black spots on face fast. It also contains a cooling and soothing effect on the affected skin. It is one of the recommended home remedy to get rid of black spots.
- Cut at least one or two fresh cucumbers into smaller pieces and soak them in water for about 60 minutes. The supplements, for instance, vitamin A, potassium and chlorophyll will usually exchange to the cold water.
- Strain the water in the cucumber and beverage it, or even utilize the water to wash the pimpled face.
You can also make a face mask by grinding one cucumber. After grinding the cucumber, make a mask on the face and allow the cucumber juice to dry for about 20 minutes. After getting dry, wash the face with the lukewarm water. This will assist in cleaning the bacteria and even dirt from the pores.
As shown by the Cosmetic Dermatologist Principles and Practice indicates that the causticity and vitamin C substance in oranges makes it a flawless cure for the acne.
- First wash the hands before touching the skin, since dirty hands can have bacteria on the skin.
- Then wash the face using warm water as this assists to enlarge the pores.
- Gently rub the orange peel and the juice on the affected area.
- You ought to use separate orange peels for each and every pimple, generally as there is a higher risk of bacterial infection.
- Now dip a clean cotton ball or swab in an orange juice and use it on the acne.
- Change the cotton ball while also treating the acne to prevent the bacteria from spreading.
- Now wash the face using cold water, this will ensure to choke the pores and prevent it further from obstruction of the pores.
Aloe Vera gel can be used directly on the affected skin area to get rid of face black spots. Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial properties and assists to reduce the redness and skin irritation. Utilize enough amount of aloe vera gel to mask the black spots while also doing spot treatment.
- Better apply and utilize a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Squeeze the fresh juice out from the aloe vera.
- Now, use this gel directly on the black spots and leave the gel on overnight to remove black spots.
- You have to keep on repeating the process on day to day basis till that period black spots get completely disappeared.
How to Remove Dark Spots on Face Caused by Pimples
The following natural ingredients are suitable for removal of black spots from face, scars and marks caused by pimples and acne.
- Take a couple of teaspoons of a baking soda and by use of water make a consistent paste.
- Gently massage the face using this paste focusing on pimple scars.
- After massaging for about 2 minutes, leave the paste there on the face for about 15 minutes.
- Now wash off using warm water.
- Use some moisturizer, preferably olive oil.
- Repeat the process at least twice or thrice a week.
You will need:
- A bottle of Olive oil
- Warm Water
- A clean piece of cloth or towel
- Take some olive oil and gently massage the face with the oil. Focus more on the pimple scars.
- Massage for a few minutes until the time that you can feel that all the oil has been absorbed by the skin.
- Now take a clean towel or piece of cloth and drape it into warm water.
- Put the warm wet cloth on to the face to absorb the steam.
- Now wipe away any excess oil gently using the cloth. Don’t rub though.
- After about 2 minutes, wash off the face using normal water.
- At night, before going to bed, wash your face properly and pat it dry.
- Take some cocoa butter and apply this to the face gently massaging it onto the skin for a few minutes.
- Leave it to stay overnight.
- Wash off the face in the morning.
- Do this daily.
- You may also apply cocoa butter once more during the daytime. Only do not apply too much of it as you may do at night. This will keep your skin looking greasy.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is commonly applicable on how to remove black spots from face. Here is how to use;
- Tea tree oil about 2-4 drops
- Water of about 1-2 tbsp
- Cotton ball
Remember to adjust the quantity as per the area of your acne scars
- Add the tea tree oil to the water.
- Take the small cotton ball and dip it in the diluted tea tree oil.
- Apply the solution to your acne scars.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day
Precaution: Never use tea tree oil if undiluted as it is too strong to be handled by the skin. Always dilute it in water, more so if the skin is sensitive.
- Give steam to the face so that the pores open up.
- Take few drops of vitamin E oil. If you have bought vitamin E capsule, puncture it and extract the oil out of it.
- Apply the oil to the skin having acne scars.
- Now gently massage the area with the oil in gentle circular strokes for about 15 minutes or till the oil is absorbed into the skin.
- Leave for about 20 minutes.
- Now wash it off using normal water.
- Do this daily.
Precaution: If you have a sensitive skin, you should always do patch test before applying vitamin E oil or any other oil on to your skin.
How to Prevent Black Spots on Face
Here are tips that will help you get smooth and fair skin with no black spots.
- Take enough amount of water on daily basis. Water helps in detoxification as well as keeping the skin cells nourished.
- Avoid too much exposure to the sunlight since sunburn causes dark spots and skin hyper-pigmentation.
- Your diet should include more fruits and vegetables since they have key mineral elements for a beautiful clear skin.
- Use gentle skin care products and cosmetics. Avoid harsh ingredients such as lead and hydroquinone since they can cause.
- Use sun screen while spending in sunlight, this protects your skin against UV radiations from the sun.
- Always contact your dermatologist or a doctor if you suspect unusual symptoms on your skin.
Chronic black spots on face that does not respond to the above discussed treatment on how to remove black spots from face, may be a sign of an underlying medical condition. For such a case, you should seek medical attention from your doctor or consult a dermatologist.
More Sources and References:
- Home Remedies for Black Spots on Your Face: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-black-spots-on-face.html
- How to Get Rid of Black Spots on Face Naturally Fast From Acne, Shaving and Pregnancy: http://www.skintots.com/skin-bleaching/how-get-rid-black-spots-face-naturally-fast/
- How to Remove Dark Spots From the Face Naturally: http://www.livestrong.com/article/228766-how-to-remove-dark-spots-from-the-face-naturally/
- Home remedies to treat black spots, dark spots, acne marks, Pimple scars on the face: https://beautyhealthtips.in/home-remedies-to-treat-black-spots-dark-spots-acne-marks-pimple-scars-on-the-face/
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on the Face: http://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-spots