Ingrown Hair Cyst, Infected, Removal, Treatment, on inner Thigh, Under Skin
Can an Ingrown Hair Turn Into a Cyst? Get more insights on how to treat ingrown hair cyst, removal and natural treatment of ingrown hairs. You will also get useful tips on how to avoid and stop ingrown hair on inner thigh, groin, armpits and other parts of the body.
Ingrown Hair Cyst
An ingrown hair is the curling of hair backward into the skin or on surface which develops in to small swelling like pimples called hair cyst. Mostly, the following body parts are affected; groin, face inner thigh and armpits.
It is better to get rid of ingrown hair cyst fast before they are infected since they are too painful especially when they become tender and fluid filled. The condition worsens when the cyst is infected with bacteria.
Mostly infected cyst becomes filled up with pus which characterizes the yellow or green color. The condition cause irritation and discomfort due to its painful experience.
Infected Ingrown Hair Cyst
An infected ingrown hair cyst come as result of having ingrown hair that fail to come out of the skin due to skin infection. The hair remains under the skin for long time hence develop hard swellings on the skin. The swellings may appear as pimples yet painful due to infection.
How to get Rid of Ingrown Hair Cyst
- Use warm water to clean the affected parts with a disinfectant: Use appropriate disinfectant like antibacterial soap that helps in killing the micro-organism that causes infection.
- Exfoliate the affected bumps to remove dead cell debris on the skin: Soak the affected parts in warm water to soften the deposit on the skin. Use hair brush or piece of cloth to rub the skin gently. This will wipe away any dead skin layer which might block the pores.
- Warm compress the bumps with water: Have warm water on the basin, with the help of piece of cloth, deep it in warm water and place it around the hair cyst. This will help to drain away fluid filled bumps to dry.
- Remove ingrown hair from the cyst: You can do this by yourself with the help of tweezers and a needle. The head of the bumps is identified and prick it to access curled hair. Grab the hair and remove it by pulling it out. Sterilize the affected part and leave it to get dry.
- Drain out the fluid filled boil like cyst: Inflamed bumps are irritating and can only be healed if they are drained out to dry. Use the clean fingers to drain out the boil on the skin by applying pressure on the base of the cyst. Use cotton wool to wipe the part and disinfect it using appropriate disinfectant from the chemist.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Treatment
Medication is advisable to manage this condition when the ingrown hair cyst is infected. The bumps on the skin are very painful to handle by yourself hence require cures from the physician. Here are the common methods used for ingrown hair cyst treatment.
- Use steroid creams that usually reduce inflammation and irritation on the skin part having the cyst. If you want to get rid of cyst on the skin parts, go for steroid cream. They have soothing effect on the painful cyst and they help to eases skin irritation.
- Antibiotic pill are taken as prescribed by the physician to get rid of the infection. When the infection is severe, your doctor might prescribe an oral antibiotic that helps to cure the infection.
- Ant-bacterial injections are also used to cure inflammation on the skin when the ingrown hair cyst is infected with bacteria.it is advisable to use injection when the bumps on the skin are tender and pus filled. When you observe the development of painful boils on your skin, it might be caused by the bacterial infections that require antibacterial injection.
- Apply an anti-acne treatment if the cyst is due to acne. This drug has salicylic or glycolic acid which helps in the treatment of cyst from acne. The acid helps to exfoliate the skin and prevent ingrown hairs by keeping the pores on the skin open. Shaving cream has the two ingredients that moisturize the skin. The two acids have irritating side effect on skin when you used it in the first time until you get used to it.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Removal
Deep ingrown hair cyst removal is done by a dermatologist, but if it is not infected cyst and it lie on the upper surface of the skin, you can remove it by yourself. Here are procedures to remove an ingrown cyst.
- Affected parts of the skin are disinfected with appropriate chemical such as absolute alcohol or cleanse with warm water.
- Use hair brush to exfoliate dead cell on the skin. Excess sebum and dirt are also removed in the process of exfoliating.
- Using a pin or tweezers, identify the head of a pimple and prick it to be able to access the curling hair under the cyst.
- Using the finger, drain away all fluid from the acne by applying some pressure on it and swab with a cotton wool.
- Hold the curling hair with tweezers and pull it out of the skin surface.
- If you prefer to removal all hairs on the skin to avoid painful cyst, go for semi-permanent hair removal which can be done by use of chemical method. It is effective but very expensive with some side effects. Creams such as Vaniqa are used for semi-permanent removal.
- Surgical removal of the cyst is the final solution when other treatment has failed. It is also used when the bumps keep on recurring. Large pimples may be a source of esthetic problem hence needs to be removed by surgical method. Special medical techniques are used to restore the condition into normal.
How to Get Rid Of Ingrown Hairs – Fast, Overnight
If an ingrown hair cyst is bothering you and you want to get rid of it fast, appropriate time to remove it is during overnight by using natural home remedies. Use salt water to clean the infected bumps.
Apply tea oil on the ingrown hair cyst which helps in reducing inflammation of the skin. Tea oil also helps to prevent development of cysts on the skin after shaving.
When tea oil is combined with aloe Vera it has high power of curing ingrown hair cyst. It also act as antibacterial by killing the bacteria on the skin that attack hair follicle.
Apply glycolic acid on the affected area before you sleep will help to exfoliate your skin and these will give the chemical enough time to stay on the skin for effective curing of the bumps. Glycolic acid prevents ingrown hairs and also helps in the treatment of the cyst.
How to Avoid Ingrown Hairs – Prevent
To avoid ingrown hairs, taste these tips every time you shave:
- Exfoliate your skin every day, rub your skin in circular motion using wet washcloth with warm water .This practice removes dead skin cell debris that might cause clogging of the hair.
- Shave your hair using sharp razor that is sterilized to prevent bacterial attack of the hair follicle. Consider high level of hygiene when shaving your hair by using single-bladed razor that has never been used.
- Moisturize your skin with warm water before shaving and apply shaving cream that lubricates the skin during the shaving process. Wet hairs are easy to cut because they are soft.
- Shave parallel direction to growth of your hair. This will ensure hair follicles are not damaged during the shaving process.
- Avoid clearing all the hairs on the skin, do not shave closely and leave a little bit of stubble if possible.
- If you have ingrown hair, use tweezer to lift it out careful from the skin and trim it and let the hair to grow. Avoid plucking out completely the ingrown hairs. Doing so will encourage irritation and make the hair grow back deeper down the follicle.
- Warm compress your skin with warm water to reduce irritation and apply disinfectant to kill bacterial that might cause infection of the hair follicle.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Home Treatment
If you want to stop ingrown hair, try the following tips;
- Reduce the number of times you shave your hair because poor shaving techniques result to development of bumps on body parts.
- Use warm water to clean your skin after and before shaving. Warm water help to open clogged follicle and remove dead cell of skin layer that cause ingrown hairs.
- Use sharp sterilized tools and equipment when shaving the hair to reduce bacterial attacking hair follicle.
- Use shaving cream to lubricate the skin during shaving. The creams moisturize the pores on the skin and prevent curling of hairs.
- Disinfect the skin after shaving. Use appropriate disinfectant from the chemist which helps to kill bacteria that attack hair follicle.
- Avoid scratching your skin using figure nails especially when you had irritation after shaving.
- Avoid wearing too tight cloth on your body to reduce curling of hairs that may eventually turn to ingrown hair cyst.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Removal, Video