Are you troubled by oily skin? Are you looking for easy home remedies to tackle your skin issues? Get detailed overview about oily skin and pimples and best skin care products can be used as remedies.
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin on Face
Oily skin is very challenging to deal with, especially during summers. Hereditary, diet, stress and hormonal imbalance are the main reasons for oily skin. Women, during pregnancy, menstruation or menopause are highly likely to have oily skin. The excess production of oil can lead to many skin ailments like blackheads, pimples, whiteheads, large pores and others, but again on the other hand oily skin helps to age better and develop fewer wrinkles. However it is very difficult to maintain oily skin, there are over-the-counter remedies which only provide temporal results. While some home remedies help to get rid of the excess oil by absorbing the excess oil from the skin. The following are some of the remedies:
Washing your face with lukewarm water 2 times a day will help remove excess oil and stop acne formation. Deep cleansing is essential for a healthy skin. Some amount of oil is essential for a healthy skin so make sure your cleanser does not remove much oil causing the skin protection layer to get lost.
Cleansers containing beta hydroxyl acid or alpha hydroxyl may also be helpful for cleaning and exfoliation of oily skin.
Exfoliating oil skin with a gentle scrub removes dead skin cells, grime, excess oils and makes it smoother. Example of these exfoliation homemade remedies for oily skin includes:
- Take plain, unsweetened Oatmeal and blend in a food processor to break it into smaller bits.
- Mix with raw Aloe Vera gel to form a paste
- Use it by rubbing over the oily skin for more than 5 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
Baking soda, Honey and Lemon scrub
- Honey has antibacterial properties that sooth and moisturizes oily skin.
- Mix one teaspoon baking soda, one teaspoon lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey.
- Mix them thoroughly, and then rub the mixture onto your face using clear finger tips.
Toning improves the blood circulation to the surface of the skin. It closes the pores, refreshes the skin and adds a glow to the skin. You can use toners such as:
Green Tea Toner
Green tea is known for its anti-oxidant properties, soothing and skin purification
- Brew Green tea a little stronger
- Cool it down and store in a spray bottle.
- Spray the oily part of the skin with green tea solution.
- Use it natural toner can be used twice daily.
- Face Mask
The use of facial Mask Makes the bright skin soft and dull. Make your own face mask by using the following household ingredients.
- Take facial clay, it can be gotten from any chemist
- Mix 3 teaspoon of clay with warm water and apply evenly on your face, neck or any part of the skin that looks oily.
- Leave it for 5 minutes. Don’t let it dry. you can therefore rinse it off.
Many moisturizers contain alpha hydroxyl acids AHAs such as lactic and glycolic that makes it difficult for the new oily skin cells to replace the older ones, this causes a layer of dead skin cells to come to the surface.
Alpha hydroxyl acids or AHS can help to improve skin tone by removing dead skin cells and excess oils. Moisturizers remove the glue-like substances that hold the dead skin cells to your skin once the dead skin layer is removed; the skin looks visibly glowing and healthy.
How to Get Rid of Oily Face
- Remove excess oil from your face
If your face is too oily use an oil blotting facial paper, or you may use oil absorbing primers to get rid of the excess oils on your face.
- Use an anti-oil facial mask weekly
This is arguably the best way of pampering your facial skin. The use of refreshing facial mask absorbs all the excess oil from your face and helps to sooth and massages your skin. There are varieties of bounty facial masks but among them, golden Luminescence infusion mask is the best to be used to get rid of excess oils from your face. This mask is usually used at night so that by morning you will have a healthier looking skin by morning. Simply put the golden luminescence infusion mask over your face till morning. Golden luminescence infusion mask has some traces of vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Hyaluronic acid that fasten the process of oil secretion from your face. Apart from removing oil from your face, the mask also eliminates the signs of wrinkles, stress and fatigue.
- Shield your skin from the sun
The harmful UV rays are one of the destructive elements of the skin. Cover your skin adequately when going out. This is important to make sure that your skin stays healthy.
- Avoid or use light makeup
Avoid thick or heavy foundation, always use a light foundation. A thick make up can clog up the hair follicles and irritate the skin as a result, less oil will be secreted this makes you face more oily. Also don’t use oil-based make ups for your cosmetic needs. It’s better to avoid make ups to give your facial skin time to excrete the excess oils.
- Get special facial treatments if you are also suffering from acne
It’s not too uncommon to have acne problems on top of having oily skin. If you find yourself in such a situation, you need to consult a beauty spa or seek the real assistance from skin care experts. You can also use over-the-counter medications to get rid of oily face.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands
Your hands can be dirty and you don’t know it. If you touch your face all the time chances are that the oil, dirt, and germs on your hands are transferred to your face. This makes your face more prone to acne outbreaks and irritations. Remember that the more skin imperfections you have the more or the higher the chance that more oils are produced on your skin.
- Avoid over-use of skin care products
Excessive use of creams, scrubs, and gels can promote oil production on the skin. Its therefore important that you use the right amount of these products on your face. Day and night moisture application is usually sufficient.
- Practice skin hydration
Hydration is needed even if your skin is oily. Be sure to use water based serums, not creams, to get the moisture you need without compounding the greasiness problem. There are different types of serums for the face that can possibly help in hydrating your skin, among them is gold elements mega serum that gives your face moisture without making it look oilier. This serum also smoothens out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Mildly tone you skin
The use of facial toner is advised, but only on the greasy areas. The toners are used to minimize the pores on the face; they also effectively renew and recharge the skin. Toners can also remove the last traces of dirt and make up sitting on the skin. Toning also improves blood circulation on the skin surface
- Cleansing and exfoliation of your face
Proper cleaning has always been the starting point of a healthy skin. For greasy skin use gentle faces washes that are mildly scented, water-based, and all natural. Also if your face is oily, the use of facial scrubs is the worst thing to go by, because they could aggravate the conditions of your skin even more.
- Rubbing papaya
Rubbing papaya or watermelon on your skin help to reduce oiliness.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin and Pimples
High in vitamin A, egg whites can effectively dry out the skin pimples as well as tone and strengthen up the oily skin.
- Whip one egg white until stiff and then spread it on your skin. Allow it to dry then wash it away with warm water. Do this twice a week.
Yogurt contains lactic acid that helps to gently exfoliate the skin and absorbs excess oil from the face.
- Apply two table spoon of plain yogurt over your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with cool water. Repeat this twice a day until the oil is completely drained out your skin.
Lemon juice is a good source of citric acid that works like astringent. It also has antiseptic properties that can lighten skin discolorations and restore the skin’s PH balance.
- Mix two tablespoon of lemon juice with 20mm of distilled water. Apply it on your skin using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. Lemon juice can dry out your skin, so apply some oil-free moisturizer afterward. Do this twice daily.
Tomatoes are most effective for oily skin due their cooling, antibacterial and astringent properties. The high vitamin C content in tomatoes is very helpful for acne-infected skin plus the natural oil-absorbing acids help to get rid of excess oil.
- Cut a tomato into half and rub on your skin. Allow the juice to soak your skin for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse your skin with cold water, pat it dry and apply a light oil free moisturizer.
Cucumbers are also beneficial for oily skin due to their cooling, astringent and soothing properties, also cucumber has high vitamins and mineral contents, vitamin A and E, magnesium and potassium are good for oily skin.
- Cut a fresh organic cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly on your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed.
Milk is a great oil-free cleanser that can make oily skin soft and supple. Milk has alpha hydroxyl acids that gently exfoliate the skin and also help maintain the skin’s natural PH balance.
- Mix two or three tablespoon of lavender oil, with two three tablespoon of milk. Apply the mixture on your face using a cotton ball. Then gently massage your skin for a few minutes to improve blood circulation then go to sleep. In the morning wash your face with cold water. Do this daily until the excess oils drain out of your skin.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties that are good for acne caused by a combination of oily skin and bacteria. Apple cider vinegar is also rich in alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) that help to tone and moisturize oily skin.
- You can make a home-made tone by diluting half cup of apple cider vinegar, with half cup of distilled water. Apply the tone over your skin using a cotton ball. Leave it on for five minutes then rinse it off with cool water. Do this every day for positive results.
Apples work as an efficient exfoliating agent and they have mild antiseptic, astringent and soothing properties that make them a great home remedy for oily skin. The malic acids in apples help to exfoliate dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil from the skin surface.
- Grate half an apple and place the shreds on your skin. Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and then wash it off with tepid water.
Orange peels are rich in astringent properties which restrict the excess oil secretion. The vitamin C present in it prevents wrinkles and makes your skin fresh and soft.
- Let the orange peels dry under sun until the look like crisp. Blend them into fine powder. Combine orange peel powder and rose water to make a paste. Spread a layer of the paste on the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with water and pat dry.
Cornstarch dries up excess oil, leaving skin soft and clear.
- Mix three tablespoon of cornstarch with warm water to make a paste. Apply the mixture on your face using a cotton ball and leave it to dry until dry. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this daily.
The gritty nature of Epsom salt or sea salt removes the dead skin cells and impurities form the skin. You can either use Epsom salt, sea salt or kosher salt for scrubbing.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of each salt, lemon juice and lavender buds. Gently massage this mixture on the skin for few minutes. Leave it on for few minutes and rinse off with water.
Best oily skin products
The following are best oily skin products
The Gel cleanser: (ceramic slip clay cleanser)
This product has nourishing minerals and absorbent qualities that allow it to deeply purify, exfoliate and rejuvenate. If infused with vitamin C and black pepper-(circulation stimulator) this gel cleanser will remove any excess oil from the skin.
The milk cleanser: (cleaning milk with sage)
For oily skin that emerges unnecessarily, the cleaning milk is your answer. A gentle emulsion of cleaning milk removes make up and impurities while the infused sage soothes and purifies in the least aggressive manner.
Mechanical Exfoliator: (Umbrian clay mattifying face Exfoliant)
This exfoliator is combined with bamboo and olive for a gentle polish. When applied on the skin it extracts and calms the oil glands.
The chemical Exfoliator: (Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant)
This skin care product has salicylic acid which is oil soluble; it loosens dead skin cells and dissolves black heads. This in turn result to reduced pores, a lessening of rosacea and retexturing of the skin as well as being totally irritant free.
The Peel: (PHA+ Bio Peel Resurfacing facial pads)
For an individual with an oily skin characterized with large pores these pads are the best for usage. This product has ultimate trio acids PHA’s, AHA’s and BHA’s that help to reduce the skin pores and retexture the skin.
The Night Treatment: (Night repair Recovery Mask-in-oil)
As an overnight product it tends to be greasy. The oil is light, packed with antioxidants and fortifying barrier repair technology to stimulate and support night-time resolution. This is a great way to strengthen, nourish and rebuild your skin after a day of mechanical and physical exfoliation.
Purifying Mask: (Rescue Mask)
This mask is made by mixing kaolin clay, camphor, honey and almonds. It helps to draw excess oils from the skin.
The Toner: (Pore Purifying Toner with Saw Palmetto & mint)
The toner contains an astringent salicylic acid which is able to dissolve bacteria and sebum while soothing the skin.
The Serum: (Truth Serum Collagen Booster)
The oily skin can be as a result of chemical or vitamin imbalance, therefore a heavy dose of vitamin C, E and antioxidants into the lower epidermis is necessary to rectify this problem. This is a perfect way of rejuvenating a tired and an imbalanced skin.
The Emulsion: (Oil Control Lotion)
A brilliant mattifier, this super light lotion is salicylic acid-based to combat the problem by covering it. This skin care product has ingredients which decreases sebum and oil production.
- How to get rid of oily Skin: effective remedies http://homeremediesforlife.com/oily-skin/
- Oily skin Care Tips- How to get rid of oily skin-Elle UK http://www.elleuk.com/beauty/skin/beauty-tips/a37721/how-to-get-rid-oily-skin/
- Best of Beauty: How to Get Rid of Oily Skin for Good https://www.allure.com/gallery/how-to-get-rid-of-oily-skin
- Oily Skin Care Tips from the Experts http://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/news/a25169/oily-skin-tips/