How to Get Rid of Skin Tags on Neck, Kit, Products, Freezing, Tea Tree Oil, Cream
What is the cause of skin tags? How do I get rid of skin tags at home? Can you use wart remover to get rid of skin tags? How does Tea Tree Oil remove skin tags? Get more insights on the various ways on how to get rid of skin tags fast and best home remedies.
What Causes Skin Tags?
Skin tags occur when clusters of collagen and blood vessels get trapped inside thicker pieces of skin. But according to the research, there is no exact cause of the skin tags.
Skin tags mainly occur on the skin creases or folds where there is a lot of friction due to constant rubbing of the skin against skin.
The tags happen on both male and female regardless of the race. They do develop more often during pregnancy, in people who are obese, and in people with diabetes.
They have been associated with hyperinsulinemia, when there is too much insulin circulating in the blood.
Note: The common areas where the skin tag develops include the following:
- Base of the neck
- Groin folds
- Buttock folds
- Under the breasts
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags
The following are natural ways to get rid of skin tags:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
It has acidic property that helps in quick shedding of the skin tags. Dab a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar on the skin tag. Cover the soaked cotton ball in apple cider vinegar on the skin tag for some time. Repeat the process on a daily basis for effective result.
- Castor Oil
It has some chemicals that help to get rid of warts, moles and skin tags. It also has some properties that help in wound healing and skin conditioning. Obtain a paste of castor oil and baking soda. Apply the paste on the skin tags. Repeat the process until the skin tag disappears completely.
- Pineapple Juice
It has proteolytic enzymes that work on the skin tags or moles by drying it up completely. The wart or skin tags will fall after some time. Apply the pineapple juice on the skin tags a least thrice on a daily basis. Repeat the process until all the skin tags, moles and warts fall off.
- Duct Tape
Place the duct tape on the skin tag for a long period of time until the skin tag is remove from the skin completely. Use a sticky duct tape.
- Onion Juice
Cut onion into pieces and place them into a bowl containing salt until overnight. Extract the juice from the bowl. Apply the onion juice on the skin tag every night until it began to fall off.
- Banana Peel
Peel a banana and cut a small piece. Place the piece on the skin tag. Cover the small piece on the skin tag with gauze overnight. Repeat the steps on a daily basis until it begins to disappear.
- Tea Tree Oil
This is a natural oil remedy that is used at home to get rid of skin tags. Put some drops of tea tree on a soaked cotton ball in water. Dab the cotton ball on the skin tag in a circular motion. Repeat the steps until the skin tag vanishes.
- Nail Polish
It is known for removing skin tags and moles on the skin. Apply a small amount of nail polish on the affected part of the skin. Leave it to stay for some time and dry off. Repeat the steps until there is a visible result.
- Epsom Salt Bath
The bath plays a vital role of rebalancing the skin pH and removal toxin substances from the skin. it also aims at drying the skin tag and in the process it falls off. The bath of Epsom salt helps to relax muscles.
Obtain a warm water bath and add some amount of Epsom salt. Soak the body the water for some time. Alternatively, apply a solution of Epsom salt on the skin tag directly by use of a cotton ball. Repeat the process until the skin tag vanishes.
- Aloe Vera Juice
The aloe Vera gel has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and wound healing properties that enable it to get rid of the skin tags and heal any skin condition or problems.
Obtain a fresh leave of aloe Vera and extract the gel. Massage the skin tag and the skin surrounding the area with the gel for some time. Leave the gel to dry on the skin tag.
- Fig Juice For Skin Tags
It has several properties that give it the ability to shed skin tags and similar skin outgrowths naturally. The recent studies show that it has a proteolytic enzyme that helps in shedding off the skin tag.
- Lemon Juice
It has citric acid that helps to get rid of dead skin cells and in the process it can dry up the skin tag causing it to fall off. It can also cause the skin tag to decompose.
- Cinnamon Oil
It is an antiseptic agent when used for a long time helps to dry off the skin tag and the warts from the skin making it to be smooth. Use a cotton swab and apply the cinnamon oil on the skin tag. Cover with a Band-Aid.
- Clove Oil for Skin Tags
Clove oil has phytochemicals that cut off circulation to the skin tag and cause it to shed. Rosehip oil will help the skin heal quickly without any scars once the skin tag has shed. Obtain a mixture of clove oil and rosehip oil. Use a cotton swab and apply it on the skin tag.
- Almond Oil
It contains vitamin E that helps to hydrate the skin and boost the healing process of the skin after the skin tag has fallen off. It also eases the process of decay and death of the skin tag and keeps the skin nourished.
- Peppermint Oil
It has both antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to remove the skin tags naturally but also soothes the skin and reduces any swelling that may develop. Obtain a mixture of castor oil and peppermint oil. Apply the blend on the skin tag and leave it overnight.
- Neem Oil
It contains essential fatty acids and other bioactive components that play a major role of removing skin tags on the skin without undergoing surgery. Apply neem oil to the skin tag and cover with a bandage.
- Lavender Oil
It has antiseptic property and helps in the soothing of the skin. It is recommended as a natural remedy for skin tags and other skin ailments. Obtain a mixture of coconut oils and lavender oil then apply on the skin tags.
- Ginger for Skin Tags
It has a wide range of bioactive compounds that possess healing and antimicrobial properties that hep in getting rid of skin tags.
What to do
- Clean the skin tag and the surrounding area. Pat it dry.
- Rub a slice of raw ginger on it for a minute or two.
- Do not rinse away the juice that comes out of the ginger piece and onto the skin.
- Witch Hazel For Skin Tags
It is an astringent and its pH balancing properties can help you get rid of the skin tag. Apply the extract on the skin tag and let it dry.
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags on Neck
Skin tags on the neck are extremely visible and they can result in a lot of embarrassment. Although they are harmless, skin tags can be removed using the following ways:
- Medically Approved Treatment to Remove a Skin Tag
This method involves the following:
- Surgical Treatment to Remove a Skin Tag
The most reliable way to get rid of the skin tags on the skin is by visiting the doctors in order they can surgically remove the skin tag. The skin tag is usually cleaned using an anti-septic solution and then cut using a sterilized blade.
- Electric Searing to Remove a Skin Tag
This method is mainly done at the doctors’ clinic where the skin tag is smoldered off with an electric searing. After the electric searing, the skin tag become dark and fall off after sometime. This method is expensive but it is meant for cosmetic purpose.
- Freeze to Remove a Skin Tag
Skin tags can be frozen off by use of nitrogen fluid. This method is known as cryotherapy. After the treatment the skin may be stained for some couple of days.
- Leave Them to Remove a Skin Tag
The research shows that the skin tags are mainly harmless and they do not pose a threat to the health. Therefore, it is recommended to leave it alone in case it does not cause irritation on the skin.
- Use Sterilized Scissors to Remove a Skin Tag
This involves the following ways:
- Sterilized Scissors to Remove a Skin Tag
This procedure should be done by a professional. The scissor should be sterilized before snipping off the skin rag on the neck. Wash the hands with antibacterial soap. Sterilized the scissor and place it on a clean towel to dry. Avoid touching the scissor before it get dried.
- Tweezers to Remove a Skin Tag
Pinch the skin tag using a tweezer and pull it tight to remove the tag from the skin. it can also be used to remove moles and warts. Place the tweezer at the base of the skin tag. Pull the skin tag and place an ice cube to numb the area. There will be no pain involve in the process.
- Nail Clipper to Remove a Skin Tag
It is also possible to get rid of skin tag by use of a sterilized nail clipper to remove instead of the later methods. The method is easier other the other procedures and it is also said to be less expensive.
- Band-Aid to Remove a Skin Tag
Cut off the skin tag and cover it with a Band-Aid. This is because after cutting off the skin tag, it will probably bleed due to the presence of the small blood vessels. Covering the wound fasten the healing process.
Use a little rubbing alcohol or iodine on a cotton ball to avoid infection. An infected wound from the skin tag is characterized by swelling, delicacy, redness or overflowing around the wound. Consult a doctor immediately for treatment.
- Other remedies include:
- Dental Floss to Remove a Skin Tag
- String to Remove a Skin Tag
- OTC Creams to Remove a Skin Tag
Skin Tag Removal Kit
Most of these kits are found over the counter and they work in a different way. Some of the common kits found in Canada and United Kingdom include:
- Micro Tag Band Device
It works by cutting off of the blood flow and circulation in the skin tag. The procedure is somehow painful and it can also be difficult to be done at home alone. This method involves a lot of hassling to tie the skin tag.
Characteristics of the kit
- Results can be seen within 10 days
- Easy to apply with no messy creams or gels
- Can be used on small to medium-sized skin tags
The following are some of the steps to follow when dealing with medium or small size skin tag:
- Clean the skin tag and the surrounding area by use of cleaning swabs before using the device to avoid the commence of an infection.
- Slide one of the included bands onto the top of the cone.
- Place the cone with the band directly on top of the skin tag. It should be flush with the rest of the skin.
- Use the free hand to push gently the remover down the cone.
- Double check that the band is securely around the stalk.
- Cryotag Skin Tag Remover
It works the same ways as the technology used by doctors in freezing off a skin tag quickly. Freezing off the skin tag cut off the blood flow in the region.
Characteristic of the kit
- Precision tip applicator
- Single use
- Freezes the skin tag to the core
The following are some of the procedures used to get rid of the skin tags on the neck and other parts of the body apart from the eyes:
- Twist the applicator stick into the bottom of the cap to secure it in place.
- Press the cap all the way down for several seconds to ensure the applicator is saturated.
- Wait 15 seconds to allow the applicator to reach the proper temperature. Keep the canister upright.
- Gently hold the skin tag with a pair of tweezers, and pull away from the base.
- Apply the applicator to the stalk of the tag for 40 seconds.
Precautions before using this kit to get rid of the skin tags:
- The skin tag must either be located on the neck, chest, underarms, back, or groin.
- The color of the skin tag should be similar to the surrounding skin.
- You should be able to move the skin tag(s) back and forth gently with your finger.
- They must be raised above the skin with a visible stalk.
- Avoid using this product if you have ever had any type of skin cancer, pre-cancerous lesions, diabetes, poor circulation, blood conditions, or have a weakened immune system.
- Do not use it if you are under the age of 18, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use on eyes, eyelids, face, lips, inside the mouth, nose, anus, genitals, buttocks, or on any area of irritated, red, or swollen skin.
- DermaTag Skin Tag Removal Kit
It has the following features:
- Specialized formula to remove skin tags within days of treatment
- Easy application process
- Complete treatment system
The following are some of the guidelines that will help to get rid of the skin tags:
- Apply it using the built-in pad applicator on the bottle, or one of the supplied plasters.
- Clean the affected area with a cotton ball before applying the formula.
- Roughen the skin tag up with the emery board before applying the formula. This helps for quicker absorption.
- Apply the formula using one of the direct methods (both work equally well).
- If using the plasters, you can leave it on overnight for extended use.
Skin Tag Removal Products
Some of the over the counter products used to get rid of the skin tag include:
- Revitol Skin Tag Remover
This is a natural solution that has the ability to work on any skin type without scarring or irritating sensitive skin. Apply the formula directly to the skin tag. Different people experience different results after using the product. It recommended exploring different options.
- Tag Away
Although it takes a long period to remove the skin tag but it has no effect on the skin. The method requires a lot of patience and perseverance.
- Amolis Natural Healing Oil
This is a natural product hence it will remove skin tags without any pain or scarring. Read more information on some product reviews on the amazon to identify the best option.
- Wart Mole Vanish
Apply the cream directly to the skin tag and leave it for about20 minutes. Wash it off, but there will be formation of a scab. Let it heal on its own and the skin tag will disappear completely.
- Australian Tea Tree Oil
Apply Australian tea tree oil to each skin tag at least thrice per day for effective result. This should be done on a regular basis until the skin tags begin to dry up. The skin tag will fall off and the skins return to normal state.
Skin Tag Removal Cream
The following are some of the best skin tag removal cream reviews available in the market. They include:
- Miracle of Aloe Skin Tag Remover
This is an essential oil that comes with an applicator brush vital in the topical application of the affected body part of the skin. The cream work differently to different people.
- TagBand Skin Tag Removal Device
It is compose of a TagBand cone, a TagBand remover, and 10 TagBands. It works by cutting off the the blood supply to the skin tags.
- Homeopathic Medicine
It takes a longer period to get rid of the skin tags on the skin and that is one of the reasons that it has a poor rating on the product review websites.
- Trichloroacetic Acid Solution (TCA)
This is a chemical skin peel used by many dermatologists. It has high corrosive effects on the human skin and this is the reason why it require a lot of precaution when using it.
Other products include:
- Naturasil Homoeopathic Remedies for Skin Tags
- Amoils Skin Tag Removal H-Skin Tag Homeopathic Formula
- Tag Away Skin Tag Remover
- Tag No More Skin Tag Remover
- Bioxin Skin Tag Removal Cream
- Revitol Skin Tag Remover
- How to Naturally Remove Skin Tags – These 8 Methods May Help! https://fitlife.tv/8-home-remedies-to-remove-skin-tags/
- 12 Effective Home Remedies To Remove Skin Tags: http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/effective-home-remedies-to-remove-skin-tags/#gref
- 20 Safety Tips on How to Get Rid of Skin Tags Fast: https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-skin-tags/
- How to Remove a Skin Tag from Your Neck? http://lethow.com/health/remove-a-skin-tag-from-neck/
- Top 3 Pain-Free Skin Tag Removal Products That Work (UK Only): https://www.skintagsgone.com/skin-tag-removal-products-uk/